- About Us
- City Government
- Doing Business
- I Want To...
- Apply for...
- Sign Up For...
Applying for a Building Permit
Applying for a building permit is easy! Applicants may apply in person at the Community Development counter or online through our electronic building permit system (provided below). This system allows the applicant to initiate and manage a variety of building permit requests and activities through a centralized web portal.
- Apply Online for a Building Permit Or Print Out a Building Permit Card
- For projects that will replace or create impermeable surface (new building rooftops, paving, etc.), please see the following webpage for more Stormwater Information.
- For projects that will include architectural copper, please see the flyer for architectural copper requirements and best management practices.
- As of October 7, 2014, Stage 1 Drought Response Measures will be in effect. Everyone, including contractors, are required to follow the water consumption reduction measures. Failure to comply will result in penalties up to $500.
- Visit the Residential Rooftop Solar page to view the eligibility criteria and download the required checklists and forms.
- Guidelines for Measuring Building Height
- Firms performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and kindergartens built before 1978 must be EPA- or state-certified and must use certified renovators who follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. To learn more, visit the EPA's Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program Rules webpage.
- Commercial Projects over $1,000,000 or Residential Projects with 10 or more units will contribute to the "Arts in Public Places Program" Ordinance No. 588 Chapter 15.85.
- Special Inspection Form
- For new construction, please review the Brisbane School District Developer fees - Brisbane School District's Resolution and Developer Fee Justification Study.
- Schedule an Inspection by calling 415-508-2120 (Inspections are Monday to Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings)
If you have any questions, please contact Trisha Taylor or Angel Ibarra at (415) 508-2120.
To apply for a permit at City Hall, located at 50 Park Place, the counter hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am-5pm
Building Permit Fees & Checklists
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Commercial Tenant Improvement Plan Review Checklist
- Residential Plan Review Checklist
Commercial Permit Fee Estimators:
- New Buildings, Tenant Improvements, Repairs - (Excel file)
- Tenant Improvements, Repairs Only (Excel file)
Residential Permit Fee Estimators:
Related Agency Links: